As noted on the Information bulletin from Island Health, Visiting hours will begin Tuesday, October 12, 2021: Visiting hours will be from 1:30 – 4:30 on Tuesdays – Saturdays. Other instructions related to visiting hours include:
- There will be one designated family member as visitor per resident (family designate informs upon any changes);
- To begin each resident can have 2 visits/week (pending number of family visitor requests and staff availability; to ensure all residents are able to visit with their family);
- Visitors can stay for a period of one hour at VCCC to enable all families to have equitable access to their loved ones;
- Visiting hours will be from 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays – Saturdays
- All bookings for visiting inside the Centre will be arranged two days in advance
- All visitors will wear masks to enter the facility;
- All visitors will change their mask once entering the facility;
- All visitors will immediately sanitize their hands well;
- All visitors will practice social distancing while in the centre;
- All visitors will proceed immediately to their loved one’s room;
- Visitor sanitization of hands inside VCCC will be monitored by staff
To set up and pre-plan your request for Visiting on-site, you can e-mail email@example.com and this mailbox will be checked once daily at 9:30 a.m. We will do our best to respond to these inquiries and book on-site visits as much as possible.
For Family Outings we suggest you and the resident:
- Wear masks in public spaces;
- Sanitize your loved ones hands well and frequently;
- Continue to practice social distancing
As noted on the Information bulletin from Island Health, Outings with residents from VCCC will begin Tuesday, October 12, 2021. To book these Outings with your loved ones, two days in advance you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . This mailbox will be checked once daily at 9:30 a.m. We will do our best to respond to these inquiries and book on-site visits as much as possible. In the future, we will look into other ways that you can connect with your loved ones.
We are pleased that you are keen to connect with your loved ones during pre-planned visits at the Centre and Family Outings. Finally, thank you for your patience with staff during our phased-in approach to VCCC’s Visiting hours and Family Outings. The staff at VCCC will enable socializing and quality of life of your loved ones wherever possible.
- Starting October 12, all visitors to long-term care and assisted living will need to show proof that they are partially or fully vaccinated.
- Those who are not partially or fully vaccinated will not be able to visit these high-risk settings as we go into this time of increased respiratory illness and COVID-19 cases.
- Starting October 26, all visitors to long-term care, assisted living, and acute care facilities will need to show proof that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine. There may be exceptions for certain situations, like end-of-life visits.